Sunday, October 30, 2011

farmer's wife

Finally started my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt after weeks of looking them Flickr: The Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long.  I had bought the book at few weeks back at my local Joann's with a coupon but in actuality was a little intimidated by the blocks (I have very limited experience with templates) I finally bit the bullet and started (in numerical order, I'm just funny that way) and these blocks are so much fun to make I have definitely caught the fever.


This is the first group that I have ever joined so it is so much fun to see everyone's blocks coming together and all of the great fabric choices and different techniques being utilized.  

I am using freezer paper to print out my templates.  It's working for the most part, I just have to cut the paper down to feed through the printer and remember to put the paper side up, not the waxy side which results in ink getting on everything- cough cough

The next block is called basket and I'm not sure how I'm going to do the handle, I'm thinking some needle turn applique maybe.  Either way I'm excited for next week!

thanks,
t

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited too! I can't wait for my awesome quilt to be finished!.

    -Love your *cold* husband.

    ReplyDelete