Friday, October 7, 2011

Salutations!

I have been quilting for about two years but have sadly only made four quilts.  I know this turtle like pace mostly is aggravated by my knack for procrastination and general laziness.  I am slowly but surely hoping to speed up the process with a blog, something to keep me more organized and help me to develop a better awareness of my own pace.  Instead of reading about other people diving into creations that they love I am hoping to become one of those people.  Overall more productive and creative, no longer being bound by over thinking fabric and pattern choices.

I have been extremely blessed in my life.  I have a wonderful family.  My husband of two years and an almost nine month old little boy.  My husband has vastly encouraged me to embrace my love of quilts by taking a sampler class at the local quilt shop.  Ever since that first shop hop I have been completely hooked.  He's definitely a good one, letting me splurge on fabric and such.

My son is best described in one word as "ruckus."   We love him dearly but vaguely remember the days when all of our belongings were not in some way broken, dented, or otherwise out of commission.  You have to love the mobile baby days when they pretend like they have no fathoming of the word "no" only to shake their head at you as if that was the initial command.  Gotta love that boy!
                                                                          Six Months
Eight Months

That is about it for me.  I have recently started the "Swoon Block" by Camille Roskelley at Thimble Blossoms (Swoon Quilt)

Image from http://www.camilleroskelley.typepad.com/ (I bought the pdf format so didn't have the pretty cover)

I saw it finished on another blog Fussy Cut: Swoon.  I just kept looking at Angela's pictures and other swoon quilts on flickr (which I had previously never paid much attention to, but now am obsessed with) and it practically sunk into my subconscious and became yet another work in progress.  Luckily I had bought some fat quarters from a shop hop that I previously had no idea what to do with, but now are being put to dutiful use (must have been divine intervention)! One block down and eight more to go!  Progress progress progress!



I love how this quilt is coming together!  The only minor problem is there are a ton of intersecting seams coming together, making for serious bulk.  I know that you can cut down or open seams to remove bulk but I'm nervous to do either one....?  Any suggestions?
Well I guess that's it


Thanks,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment